This page will guide you through the design and planning process of your kitchen. Here, you will find step by step instructions on how to measure your kitchen or bathroom, and how to create the floor plan you will use to create your new room.
Measuring 101: Follow these steps in sequence around your room until you return to the starting point.
Using this guide you will be able to plan your new kitchen
- Measure in inches only
- Do not measure your cabinets, measure your walls as if the room were empty
- Measure any appliances that you are keeping and note their locations
- Note ceiling height and soffitt height (if applicable)
A - Measure the size of the wall.
B - If there are any windows, measure from the left corner to the window molding.
C - Measure the window itself.
D - Measure from the window molding to the right corner.
Measurements "B" "C" "D" should equal "A".
Follow these steps in sequence around your room until you return to the starting point.
1. First, draw a rough sketch of your room
2. Now measure every wall, beginning at the left corner, to the far right corner. Write the total measurements in inches.
3. Measure from the left corner to the edge of the opening, window or door etc.
4. Now measure across the opening, from trim edge to trim edge.
5. Next, measure from trim edge to far wall. Compare this measurement to the total of the previous three. They should be
equal. Make sure to mark exact locations of sinks, water lines, electrical outlets, and switches on the drawing. Measure to the center of these, not the edge.
6. Now we'll measure all of the openings in the room. For the windows, measure from the floor to the window sill. Then measure from the window sill to the top of the window. Now measure from the top of the window to the ceiling. Now measure from the floor to the ceiling. Compare this measurement to the total of the previous three. They should be equal.
7. To measure door openings, measure the width of the door from trim edge to trim edge. Indicate the position of the door swing on your drawing.
8. Now just get height, width, and depth measurements for all the appliances in the room, (stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers, etc.), and mark their locations on your drawing. Then go back and double check your measurements.
Online Cabinet Direct will design your kitchen for you utelizing our advanced kitchen design software 2020 Technologies. However, you will be responsible for the accuracy of the measurements and online ordering. Online Cabinets Direct will accept no responsibility for any inaccurate measurements or designs due to measurements sent to Online Cabinets Direct. Online Cabinets Direct recommends you to have your kitchen designed by a professional that is able to measure your house for you. If you are unsure of the kitchen measurements, please have a professional assist you. Once the measurements are taken, email the measurements to email@example.com and we will design your kitchen for your. When the design is complete we will email the design to you with a price quotation. Additionally, we will also tell you how much filler, molding and toe kick to purchase. When you have received this information you will be able to complete the process of ordering your beautiful kitchen online. You are responsible for checking the measurements and design to ensure the proper fit of the cabinets for your kitchen.
Please call 615-828-8377, Fax 877-637-3727 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.